This is the page to bookmark for last minute information.
Message posted 7pm Wednesday 2nd August
Joey the Lips is going ahead tonight!
- 7pm update - the band are here and set up. We're opening the theatre gates any minute. Light drizzle continues but it's nothing like the reports we're hearing from people arriving from Newton Abbot and Exeter.
- The sun has come out! Well, for a moment at least. A few showers still forecast during the evening but we are definitely going ahead as planned.
- Tickets sold out - no tickets available on the gate
- Remember to bring something waterproof to sit on and under as well as to wear, and sturdy footwear is advised.
- See you later!
Update Monday 31st July - POLICY CHANGE on ticket refunds and instructions how to claim
Message posted 11am Saturday 29th July
Mad Dog Mcrea, Wildwood Kin, The B Minors on Saturday 29th July - concert is now CANCELLED
due to forecast of heavy rain all afternoon and evening
Sadly, we cannot safely manage 500 people in a steep and confined space under what will undoubtedly be wet, muddy and slippery conditions. It's a unique venue with its own unique challenges.
This is England, so we do of course have contingency arrangements for rain. The cancellation terms as printed on leaflet, tickets and the website now come in to play.
- There are no refunds in the event of cancellation due to bad weather
- The only other concert this year is already sold out so we are NOT able to offer tickets for Joey the Lips on Wednesday as an alternative
- Please KEEP YOUR TICKETS safely as you will be able to exchange them for any concert we stage at Sheldon next year
- If your tickets were being held for you at the Box Office for collection we will post them to you next week
- As this was almost a sell-out concert we may need to put in a requirement for people to submit tickets for exchange by a certain deadline to ensure we don't overbook concerts next year. Therefore please make sure we have your email address so that we can contact you with information when next year's schedule is booked
- If you had booked for camping tonight we will refund your camping payment in full. Please phone during office hours in the next week or so and we will refund payments onto your card over the phone
Update Monday 31st and in answer to various questions about the cancellation sent in by email and social media
We're aware that some ticket holders from Saturday are unhappy with the decision to cancel the concert and/or the terms on which the tickets were sold. We are not able to respond to everyone individually at this stage but are taking note of all your comments and concerns. We are consulting with the management of both bands as soon as possible and intend to have more information available for you by the end of the week. Bear with us!
- The decision to cancel Saturday was made purely on the safety implications of the forecast rainfall for the Saturday. There was no impact from Friday.
- The forecast was for a 90% risk of heavy rain throughout the 6pm - 10pm period when people would have been in the auditorium. It would not be possible to safely manage 500 people under these conditions. We have had rain during other concerts, and always make every effort to stage them, but this was exceptional. In the event, it did rain heavily throughout the evening as forecast.
- When people buy tickets online you agree to the terms of sale before you check out. They were also printed on the leaflet, on the FAQ page of the website and on the tickets.
- We understand (and share) your disappointment at the cancellation.
- The advance tickets carry the cancellation risk and have the benefit of a substantial discount. The no-risk alternative is to buy the more expensive tickets on the gate on the day.
- No we're not a member of the society of ticket agents and retailers
- Where does the ticket money go? The bands are paid a cancellation fee, some has already been spent publicising and preparing for the concert, some will go on the exchanged places for concerts next year. Sadly nobody wins and everyone loses when we lose a concert due to exceptional weather conditions.
- No, we didn't have pluvius cancellation insurance
- Also, re the Friday night concert that did go ahead in the rain, sorry but we don't offer refunds and transfers if you had tickets but didn't come
On the day of the concert we will tell you if tickets are available on the gate or if the concert is sold out.
do our very best to put on a great performance as long as it is safe to
do so. In the unlikely event of a concert being cancelled the
information will be posted on this page and on our recorded weatherline
phone number 01647-253915,